Located West of Friockheim. The house, built in 1730, is a white harled three-storey mansion overlooking the lawns and Policy Field and backing onto part of an earlier 17th century house. Principal garden features include a kitchen garden, a rose garden, a trellis walk, an alpine meadow and a hornbeam walk.
Massed spring bulbs, roses, herbaceous borders and a wide variety of shrubs are found throughout the garden. In summer old-fashioned roses with long borders of herbaceous perennials and superb delphiniums can be found. The Riverside walk with fine trees, interesting turreted doocot and ‘Gothic’ wash-house is definitely worth seeing.
Also some of the rare and unusual plants grown there are for sale, including fruit, if it is in season.